So Alli and I were feeling lame and were like "we need to go to a concert"... even though NO ONE comes to SLC (but of course they go to Boulder & Denver *ineedtogohome*). She did find a concert for the band Bishop Allen... apparently she has every ep of theirs, but I'm a new fan.
so anyways. I liked them a lot. I bought a shirt.
Some other bands that played were An Horse, The Electric Owls, and this other guy (Drew Danburry?) he had a big beard. (btw I think the electric owls is a funny name, I can't help but imagine an owl flying into a power line. I bought his ep.)
It was a lot of fun. The venue (Kilby Court) was really small though, it was a garage... like really, it was. It was fun to have it be so small, but it sold out fast...
oh and I think Bishop Allen had a lot of fun. After they played a few songs people started warming up and singing along to the lyrics that they knew, the lead singer (Justin) totally started smiling and getting really excited... although at one point the bassist Keith started playing with the lights on the ceiling with his guitar (there were big-bulb Christmas lights hanging all over), so maybe he was a little bored. They closed with Butterfly Nets, I like that song.
My favorite moment of the night:
*we walked in and got our hands stamped... the stamp was smudged but looked something like a globe with writing surrounding it*
Alli: Oh what does the stamp say?
Ticket Girl: It says Peace in 5 language
*I don't know why, but I think it was realy funny and it made my night. Sometimes things are too perfect*
Alli's favorite moment of the night:
Guy: Wait, so this band is An Whore?
Me: Yeah, but it's actually An Horse
Guy: Wait, An Horse, or An Whore?
Me: Horse
Guy: Wow, An Whore, what a funny name.
Me: NO An HORSE, like a pony, Neeeehhhheee. (yes I totally made a horse sound)
*then everyone laughed at me*
No comments:
Post a Comment