So I got a job! I work MWF from 8 p.m.-done (which is usually somewhere around midnight). But as I discovered last night, it is probably one of the worst jobs on campus. I'll start off by telling you the positive: I will get buff if I work this job for about a month.
Now the negatives are that I only get paid $7.20 an hour (which is pretty standard for Provo)... and the job description:
*spraying down, scrubbing, and then squeegeeing the HUGE dishroom floor (it's steamy in there, broke out a sweat in no time).
*cleaning, sweeping, and moping the basement (included the locker rooms which have toilet, shower, etc)
*pouring this stuff down all the drains.
*cleaning the stainless steal in the gargantuan Cannon Center.
*Taking out the grease from one of the deep fryers (we do one a night), scooping out the gunk at the bottom-which looks like dried up hamburger in a sloppy-joe mix gone wrong, and smells absolutely vile. (this was my personal favorite for the night).
*cleaning the floor around the deep fryers.
*Taking out all 12 (grease covered) screens above the fryer/cooking area and washed those.
*Taking the food out of the walk in fridge and mopping that floor, then putting all the food back.
*Cleaning this mousnstrous machine in the back room that is like a two story garbage disposal for Tomasito's, Cosmo's and the Canc. It smelled funny, had lots of whit stuff all over it, and flooded the floor with nasty water. that took about 15 -2o min to spray that bad boy down, then had to cover it in bleach and spray it again.
*Did dishes for about 1 1/2 hours-and not just any dishes. NASTY grease covered dishes that need to be scrubbed with stainless steal!! Most of them were from Tomasito's and if you've eaten there you know how greasey their pizza is (and dare I mention that Wednesdays are $5 pizza nights)
*We finished "early" which was before midnight so we helped the Tomasito's people mop their floors and put up chairs so they could vacuum.
Don't worry, I'm already looking around at other jobs :)
(honestly I'd be fine with the job if I got paid more... it's just that I get paid the same as anyone else at the Canon Center and whenever I go there it seems like they're not working hard, but the custodial's do all the nasty work and it's intense!)
1 comment:
WELCOME TO PROVO.
Post a Comment