Saturday, January 12, 2008

international cinema

After a very unproductive Saturday Alli and I went to the International Cinema (aka 250 of the swkt). Every Friday and Saturday they feature various international movies and this weekend happened to be better than most as Volver and Amélie were both playing . The plan was to see Volver at 6:30 and then catch a late dinner. A random surge of excitement came over us after Volver and we ran to the wilk, grabbed some food and ran back to the swkt to watch Amélie.

I enjoyed Volver, it was pretty good... but I LOVED Amélie. It's one of my new favorite movies. I was laughing and saying, "aww" all at the same time. I would go on and explain the plots but I'd rather not. I will say this though: if you were curious about Volver then go see it, but it's kind of weird. And I don't care if you've even heard of Amélie (although you should have because it got loads of awards back in '01) you MUST see it. It got a 10/10 in my book. I love Amélie she is my hero. The movie is a perfect combination of humor and love, has a refreshing plot, and is also colorful.

This was a hilarious scene when Amélie got revenge on the neighbor who lied to her.

(p.s. as this is byu, they do edit the movies' inappropriate scenes)

2 comments:

Allison Fife said...

i'm definitely in love with the international cinema now and i can't wait for our next adventure! thanks for introducing me natalie!

Ashley said...

I've seen both movies. nice photos!