Monday, October 13, 2008

the long overdue Bolivia post

*I posted on Saturday too, so don't forget to scroll down and see that post too*

Since a picture is "worth a thousand words", and I really like to talk, I'll just post up a bunch of pictures and spare you all. They are all mixed up and out of order because I'm not so great at adding pictures to this site. -- still to come: Peru (including Machu Picchu)


Rooftop photo of The Igelsia de San Francisco. Taken in La Paz, my first week.


The Same church, San Francisco

Moon Valley. Kinda like the badlands, but just a small valley. This was just outside La Paz.


Breakfast in Oruro. Yes that is Platano con leche that I'm drinking... oh so good

This in Copacabana, which is on Lake Titicaca. There was a religious festival going on. My last night in Boliva, the next day we went to Peru.


Llamas used in religious ritual. I took this picture in the "witches market" in La Paz during my first week.

Tiwanaku, ruins that are a little ways out of La Paz.


Me at Tiwanaku.


A Cholita walking In El Alto/ La Paz. took this my first week there.


A Condor preforming just outside of a church in La Paz


Police that were decked out for a miner's demonstration in Oruro.


Two of the nurses, Nick, and me


The CIES Clinic where I worked in Cochabamba


My nurse friend, Liz

Two little girls and me


My Peruvian friends that I lived with, danced with, cooked with... Helen and Noelia


The largest salt flats in the world. Salar de Uyuni. (it was freezing so I wore a blanket the whole day)



5 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

That last picture is seriously awesome. You should send it in to Time Magazine . . .

So fun to [finally] see your pics . . .

Bethany said...

FINALLY! This is what I have been waiting for. Looks like an amazing adventure.

Allison Fife said...

i love them!

Devony said...

I've got to admit, the witchy lama picture is a little bit freaky, but totally something I would expect to see in a witches market! Love all the pics and can't wait for machu pichu! Hooray!

Kylie said...

Yay! It looks like you had fun and these pictures are so cool. I'm really glad you were able to go to Bolivia! I love that last picture, too!