Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb 29th

Maybe it's just a Provo thing, or maybe I wasn't paying attention when I was a freshman, but apparently "Leap Day!" is a thing?? One person definitely told me "Happy Leap Day!!" in passing, and they had a jumping (leaping) contest thing in the student center during lunch. I'm just curious if this happens everywhere and if it has always been this way? Or did I forget that I live in Provo.


p.s. my sister Emily was born on 29th. so cool.


6 comments:

Lindsey Hicks said...

Leap day is definitely a think - celebrating / recognizing it is definitely Provo. Oh how I love P-town and it's wacky ways:)

Lindsey Hicks said...

thing not think sorry

Emily said...

Yep, pretty sure that's a Provo thing. Though I'm surprised us east coasters didn't use it as an excuse to get drunk on a Wednesday.

Ashley said...

I'm not sure if I already mentioned this to you but there is a very funny 30 Rock Leap Day episode you should check out.

natalie said...

Oh I finally watched it! At lunch my friends even mentioned that the episode made a Mormon joke. Too funny.

MLE Whatz said...

Maybe the Mormon Jokes were because Mormons at BYU make leap day a thing - Thanks for the shoutout.